Please click on each of the milestones below to read more about Longust's impressive history.
1974: Tom Longust purchased Black & Ryan Distributing and changed the name to Longust Distributing
- Negotiated the sale of the appliance distribution business of Black & Ryan Distributing (Whirlpool, RCA, Borg-Warner, Litton, Appliance Services and Armstrong) to Arizona Wholesale Supply, Borg-Warner Corporation and Time Appliance Service Company.
- After closing these sales, purchased 50% of the Black & Ryan Distributing Company from Arizona Wholesale Supply, which consisted of the remaining floor covering distribution business (primarily Armstrong Resilient and Carpet products) servicing Arizona out of a 30,000 square foot facility.
1980's: Entered the Hardwood Flooring Business
- Relocated business to a 60,000 square foot facility in Tempe, AZ.
- Opened a facility in Las Vegas to serve the greater Clark County Area.
- Opened a facility in Albuquerque to serve New Mexico, El Paso, Texas and Southwestern Colorado.
- Opened a facility in Denver to serve Colorado.
- Sold the Denver branch to facilitate the disengagement with Armstrong (’97).
- Contracted with Mannington to distribute Resilient & Hardwood in AZ, NM and Southern NV along with our other lines
- Opened Longust Flooring Company, LLC to service regional tile distributors throughout California and the Western US. Relocated the Arizona Branch to a 85,000 square foot facility in Mesa, AZ.
- Opened a facility in San Diego, CA.
- Expanded our Anaheim Warehouse to 105,000 square feet.
- In 2006, the company redeemed the balance of Tom Longust’s stock, completing the planned transfer of ownership to the management team led by Steve Wallace as majority owner, and John Laird, Drew Mittelstaedt and Bo Bobertz as minority owners (’05).
- Opened a facility in Tracy, CA to service Northern California